Original Oil Painting - A knight of the Order of Saint Lazarus of Jerusalem
Here is a study of a Knight of the Hospitaller Order of Saint Lazarus of Jerusalem, also known as the "Leper Brothers of Jerusalem or simply as Lazarists." Painted in oil on canvas paper mounted to panelling. The original oil painting measures 18" x 24." The painting ships framed and ready to hang.
Signed and dated by Tony on the back panel. Comes with a Certificate of Authenticity. Artist retains all copyright and merchandising rights to this piece of art.
Founded around 1119 A.D. at a leper hospital in Jerusalem, Kingdom of Jerusalem. Named after their patron saint, Lazarus, the care of lepers became the order's original mission. King Fulk of Jerusalem recognized the order in 1142 A.D. The order was canonically recognized as a hospitaller and military order of chivalry under the rule of St. Augustine in the Papal bull Cum a Nobis Petitur of Pope Alexander IV in 1255 A.D. Although the brother's work centered around their charism of caring for those afflicted with leprosy, the knights of the order notably fought along side the knights of the Templar Order and Order of St. John in many battles, some such as the Battle of La Forbie in 1244 and in the Defense of Acre in 1291. After the fall of Jerusalem, the order split in two main branches in Italy and France and continued their work with caring for those with leprosy.
Prints also available:
Paper Giclee Print Options
- Open Edition.
- Printed on high quality acid free fine art photo paper.
- Sizes available: 18" x 24" (image size), total size with surrounding half inch white border for matting is 19" x 25". 12" x 16 (image size), total size with surrounding half inch white border for matting is 13" x 17".
- Personally signed by Tony.
- Ships with Free decal.
Canvas Giclee Print Options
- Open Edition set.
- Signed by Tony.
- Canvas print has a coat of varnish.
- Shipped version is sent ROLLED in a tube, customer mounts or stretches and mounts canvas to fit a standard 18" x 24" frame (can be done at any local frame shop, hobby, or craft store).
- The canvas print is printed to be stretched and mounted for an 18" x 24" set up to match the original oil painting.
Prints come with a Free DEFIANCE DECAL.
This print is a product of our Spiritual Warfare Collection.