"STAND FIRM" General George Washington Art Print
Launching in 2019 is VOL I of the graphic novel and online strip of "DEFIANCE - The Spirit of America" created by Artist Tony Moreschi.
The back cover art to VOL I is now available and titled "Stand Firm" which is available as a giclee fine art paper print in two different sizes ( 18" x 27" and 24" x 36") and in THREE different versions. Each "version" has a different quote from three of our greatest founding fathers: General George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Patrick Henry.
Here we have the "General George" version of "Stand Firm."
On July 2nd, 1776, our esteemed General of the Continental Army was headquartered in New York. General Washington issued his "General Orders" this day which included the following excerpt from which includes the quote on our print with Defiance.
"The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves; whether they are to have any property they can call their own; whether their Houses, and farms, are to be pillaged and destroyed, and they consigned to a State of Wretchedness from which no human efforts will probably deliver them. The fate of unborn Millions will now depend, under God, on the Courage and Conduct of this army- Our cruel and unrelenting Enemy leaves us no choice but a brave resistance, or the most abject submission; this is all we can expect- We have therefore to resolve to conquer or die: Our own Country's Honor, all call upon us for a vigorous and manly exertion, and if we now shamefully fail, we shall become infamous to the whole world- Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble Actions- The Eyes of all our Countrymen are now upon us, and we shall have their blessings, and praises, if happily we are the instruments of saving them from Tyranny meditated against them. Let us therefore animate and encourage each other, and shew the whole world, that a Freeman contending for Liberty on his own ground is superior to any slavish mercenary on earth."
SOURCE PROJECT: Washington Papers
TITLE: General Orders, 2 July 1776
AUTHOR: Washington, George
DATE: 2 July 1776
CITE AS: "General Orders, 2 July 1776," Founders Online, National Archives.
1. The 18" x 27" sized print is an "Open Edition" print set. An "Open Edition" print set means the print will be produced as long as the Studio decides to produce it.
2. The 24" x 36" sized print set is a "Limited Edition" print set of only 75. This means only 75 prints will be made and come with a certificate of authenticity.
3. All prints are personally signed by Artist Tony Moreschi. Tony also personally numbers the Limited Edition prints.
4. The Light blue watermark visible on the web image IS NOT present on the prints being sold, it is only for web or print advertisement purposes only.
5. Prints are produced by using "giclee" high quality ink jet printing on heavy fine art ink jet quality paper.